Snow Bowl Camp
Confidence. curiosity. character.
SNOW BOWL CAMP
Presented by the Penobscot Bay YMCA
Get ready for some guaranteed fun this summer at Snow Bowl Camp presented by the Penobscot Bay YMCA (formerly known as Camp-A-Homa)! This summer our Y’s camp will be located at the Snow Bowl in Camden. Campers will experience traditional camp excitement with a cool new twist each week! Our staff are specifically trained to have fun with safety being their #1 priority. Every Camp Counselor is certified in First Aid, CPR & AED and half are Red Cross Certified Lifeguards. Our staff have been trained in bullying prevention as well as sexual abuse and harassment prevention. Don’t forget about our Thursday field trips!
Field trips subject to change due to weather and unforeseen circumstances, except Week 6, the Funtown trip. For the most up to date schedule please refer to email sent by Samantha Bragg each Friday before the start of the camp week. She includes the camp newsletter which provides an accurate listing of the week's schedule.
WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT:
- Snow Bowl Camp, presented by the Penobscot Bay YMCA, is Monday - Friday for kids ages 7-10.
- Home Base is now located at the Camden Snow Bowl.
- Before and After Care are available for this camp at the Camden Snow Bowl for an additional fee. Before Care runs from 7:00 - 8:30 AM. After Care runs from 4:00 - 5:30 PM.
- Camp begins at 8:30 AM. Parents who do not participate in Before Care may drop their campers off between 8:30 and 8:45 AM. All campers must be checked in by YMCA Camp Staff.
- Campers may be picked up at the Snow Bowl between 3:45 and 4:00 PM. Campers in need of After Care will stay at the Snow Bowl.
- Each week consists of swimming, field games, arts & crafts, nature hikes, STEM projects, mountain biking, paddle-boarding, canoeing and more!
- On Mondays, campers will spend part of their morning at the Y taking swim tests. The rest of their day will spent at the Snow Bowl along with Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Tuesdays will be spent at local beaches and parks.
- Each Thursday, we will take an exciting field trip to destinations all over the State of Maine!
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Please stop either Y location to register your child(ren) or print the Registration Form, Summer Camp Waivers and Camp Fee Policy Agreement below and mail to the Penobscot Bay YMCA, PO Box 840, Rockport, Maine 04856. Be sure to include your child's most recent immunization records as we will need all documents to complete the registration process. Most doctor's offices are willing to fax your child's records to the Y to save you an extra step. The Y's fax number is 207.236.8458.
9 FUN-FILLED WEEKS!
- Week One: June 24-28 - Fort Knox
- Week Two: July 1-5 - (no camp on July 4th)(Playland Adventures)
- Week Three: July 8-12 - Maine Wildlife Park
- Week Four: July 15-19 - Popham Beach
- Week Five: July 22-26 - Aquaboggin
- Week Six: July 29-August 2 - Funtown
- Week Seven: August 5-9 - Sea Dogs Game
- Week Eight: August 12-16 - All Play Bowling & Arcade
- Week Nine: August 19-23 - Hope Air (Subject to Change)
THURSDAY FIELD TRIPS ARE LONG DAYS, BUS USUALLY RETURNS TO SNOWBOWL AROUND 5PM.
SNOW BOWL CAMP COST: $160/WEEK MEMBERS & $165/WEEK PARTICIPANTS*
*Week 6 will be $170 Members / $175 Participants due to a higher field trip cost
- Before & After Care available for a flat rate of $27 /week (for each)
- Scholarships are available, please inquire at our Welcome Center Desk or download the Financial Assistance Form below
- For more information, contact Samantha Bragg, Sports & Camping Director at 207.236.3375 ext. 207 or email@example.com