Rockland Harbor YMCA Summer Camp
BUILDING A LIFETIME OF MEMORIES!
ROCKLAND HARBOR YMCA (RHY) SUMMER CAMP
Campers must be 7 years old at the start of their camp week.
Come enjoy summer with the Rockland Harbor YMCA (RHY) Summer Day Camp where campers make new friends and gain self-confidence! Each week campers enjoy activities such as sports, games, arts & crafts, reading and swimming. RHY Summer Day Camp offers highly trained staff at a low camper-to-staff ratio making our camp a perfect choice for parents who need a fun, safe place for their children during summer break with safety being their #1 priority.
Your child's health is our priority. The Y is taking every precaution we can to ensure our Summer Camps are safe.
What our Camps will look like:
- All field trips have been cancelled
- Drop offs: Parents will remain in their vehicle; health screening questions will be conducted on camper before the child is cleared to exit the vehicle and join camp.
- Campers will be divided into small groups of 10 or less, called pods.
- Pick-ups: Parents will remain in vehicle and a Director will radio your child’s pod for camper to be signed out.
- Campers will be with the same pod and counselors for the entire week including lunches.
- Staff will wear masks while in close proximity of a camper or pod. Campers are not be required to wear masks, but may at parents discretion.
- Each pod will have extra sanitizing and cleaning products.
- Activities may differ from camp to camp and be location specific while keeping 6’ apart: swimming, hiking, canoeing, arts & crafts, movies, various pod field games
- Pods will rotate station to station throughout the day. Staff will sanitize all equipment and have campers washing hands before rotating to next station.
What the Y is doing:
- Requiring camper to wash hands before and after meals and snacks, along with additional times throughout the day.
- Sanitizing areas campers are in throughout the day.
- Disinfecting equipment and toys before and after use.
- Limiting person to person contact
What you can do:
- Talk with your child about washing hands, keeping hands away from mouth, nose and eyes and not sharing food and beverages.
- Please keep your child home if they have a fever.
- Please keep your child home until they have been fever free, without medication, for 72 hours.
- Remind your child that the Y is safe and to have fun!
I'm interested in signing up for Summer Camp:
During this time, we ask members to please print the summer camp documents (Quick Links section below) and fill out completely before sending back to the YMCA. Forms can be sent via email to email@example.com, faxed to 207.236.8458 or mailed to PO Box 840, Rockport, Maine 04856. Immunization records from your child's pediatrician's office are required for all camps, except Sports Camps. Simply call your child's pediatrician's office and have them fax directly to the Penobscot Bay YMCA. Once all information is received, one of our staff members will give you a call to confirm enrollment and take payment. Balances paid in full by EFT (checking account) will be given 5% off your total camp cost.
What it's all about:
- The YMCA is taking every precaution we can to ensure our Summer Camps are safe. Please refer to pages 8 & 9 to see what our Camps will now look like, what the Y is doing and what you can do to keep child healthy.
- RHY Summer Camp is a Monday - Friday, activity based day camp for children ages 7-12.
- Campers must be entering 2nd grade through 6th grade.
- Home Base for RHY Summer Camp is at Johnson Memorial Park at Chickawaukie Pond, Rockland.
- RHY Summer Camp begins each day at 8:30 AM and ends at 3:30 PM.
- Before and After Care are available for this camp at Chickawaukie Pond for an additional fee.
- Before Care runs from 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM. All campers must be checked in by YMCA Camp Staff.
- Campers in need of After Care will stay at the Home Base with care ending at 5:00 PM.
- Each week consists of art, indoor/outdoor games and reading.
- RHY Summer Camp has a Member rate of $145. Those campers that are not members will be asked to join with FREE Youth Membership at the Flanagan Community Center.
9 fun-filled weeks!
- Week One: June 22-26
- Week Two: June 29-July 3
- Week Three: July 6-10
- Week Four: July 13-17
- Week Five: July 20-24
- Week Six: July 27-31
- Week Seven: August 3-7
- Week Eight: August 10-14
- Week Nine: August 17-21
RHY Summer Camp Cost: $145/week Members and Participants
- Before & After Care is available for a flat rate of $25/week (for each) Please Note: Before & After Care must be paid in full upon registration
- Scholarships are available, please inquire at the RHY OR FCC Welcome Centers
- Please visit our website or stop by for complete Summer Camp information
- Benjie Blake, Rockland Harbor YMCA Camp Director: 594.0321 or firstname.lastname@example.org