HEALTHY STARTS HERE!
Being healthy means more than simply being physically active. It’s about maintaining a balanced spirit, mind and body. The Y is a place where you can work toward that balance by challenging yourself to learn a new skill or hobby, fostering connections with friends through our lifelong learning programs, or bringing your loved ones closer together through family-centered activities. At the Y, it’s not about the activity you choose as much as it is about the benefits of living healthier on the inside as well as the outside.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- Wellness Orientations - Get started on your healthy goals and meet one-on-one with one of our well trained staff members for two, one-hour sessions. You’ll work together to familiarize yourself with our equipment and design a workout based on your goals and physical abilities.
- Group Exercise, Yoga Classes and Adult Sports - Connect with other members while you get a workout in one of our many group exercise and/or yoga classes available for all skill levels. (PBY Group Fitness & Yoga / RHY Fitness & Yoga)
- Active Older Adult Programs - A variety of exercise, social and educational activities are designed to keep seniors active and as they grow in mind, spirit and body.
- Personal Training (PBY or RHY) - To help you meet your goals and stay motivated along the way, our certified personal trainers are available to work with you to create a fitness program that meets your needs.
- Water Activities – Aqua fitness classes, adult swim lessons (it’s never too late), lap & open swimming, Masters Swimming and adapted exercise for those with disabilities or other conditions are some of the opportunities at the Y, where we believe if you can do it on land, you can do some version of it in the water!
CHRONIC DISEASE MANAGEMENT AND PREVENTION
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA – Any and all cancer survivors are invited to attend this free 12 week program that is specially designed to assist on your journey back to health. The YMCA and the LIVESTRONG Foundation have teamed up to bring this program that will focus on regaining muscular endurance, flexibility, and strength.
- Healthy Life Styles Program - This program helps adults at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes reduce their risk for developing the disease by taking steps that will improve their overall health and well-being.
SPORTS AND RECREATION
- Adult Sports (PBY and RHY) - Sports are one way for adults to achieve greater health and well-being for spirit, mind and body. You’ll come together with people with shared athletic and recreational interests, and have an opportunity to foster connections with new and old friends through games and fun.