WHERE GREAT THINGS BEGIN!
*Campers must meet Fall 2020 Kindergarten public school eligibility.
What happens if I am interested in registering for Summer Camp while you are closed?
During this time, we ask members to please print the summer camp documents (Quick Links section below) and fill out completely before sending back to the YMCA. Forms can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 207.236.8458. Immunization records from your child's pediatrician's office are required for all camps, except Sports Camps. Simply call your child's pediatrician's office and have them fax directly to the Penobscot Bay YMCA. Once all information is received, one of our staff members will give you a call to confirm enrollment and take payment. Balances paid in full by EFT (checking account) will be given 5% off your total camp cost. To receive this offer, camp balances must be paid by April 17, 2020.
Discovery Camp is designed for first time campers! This all day camp is geared toward children who have completed or are eligible for Kindergarten. Your camper will be excited about new experiences while having the comfort of a consistent routine. Campers will participate in a variety of arts, crafts and games with weekly adventures to some favorite local spots. We will also participate in Wednesday field trips! Field trips subject to change due to weather and unforeseen circumstances.
WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT:
- Discovery Camp is a Monday - Friday, activity based day camp for children ages 4-6. For children to enroll, campers must meet Fall 2020 Kindergarten public school eligibility and be born before 10/15/15 (Grades K-1).
- The Y can only take registration for Discovery Camp at the Rockport facility (Penobscot Bay YMCA). Registration will be processed by Debbie Tyler in the Billing Office.
- Home Base for Discovery Camp is at the Lincolnville Central School (LCS).
- Before and After Care are available for this camp at the Camden Snow Bowl for an additional fee and must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- Before Care runs from 7:00 - 8:30 AM. After Care runs from 4:00 - 5:30 PM.
- Discovery Camp kids are bused each morning at 8:45 AM from the Camden Snow Bowl to the Lincolnville Central School. Parents wishing to drop off their campers at LCS, may arrive by 9:15 AM. All campers must be checked in by YMCA Camp Staff.
- Campers may be picked up at LCS between 3:30 and 3:45 PM.
- Campers will be bused from LCS to the Snow Bowl and arrive at 4:00 PM for pickup or After Care.
- Weekly activities include art, indoor/outdoor games, reading and visits to local beaches and parks.
- Mondays and Tuesdays will be spent at our LCS home base.
- Each Wednesday, we will take an exciting field trip to explore different parts of Maine! Our goal is to keep bus rides to an hour or less each way.
- Thursdays will be spent at local beaches such as Barrett’s Cove or Lucia Beach.
- On Fridays, campers will spend half of the day at LCS and the other half at the YMCA.
- A Y bus is available to and from the Flanagan Community Center on a first-come, first-serve basis. The bus departs the FCC at 8 AM and returns to the FCC between 4-4:15 PM. Seating is limited and is free of charge. To reserve your child’s seat, please speak with Heath Commeau, 236.3375 ext. 204.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Please stop by the Penobscot Bay YMCA to register your child(ren) or print the Registration Form, Summer Camp Waivers and Camp Fee Policy Agreement below and mail to the Penobscot Bay YMCA, PO Box 840, Rockport, Maine 04856. Be sure to include your child's most recent immunization records as we will need all documents to complete the registration process. Most doctor's offices are willing to fax your child's records to the Y to save you an extra step. The Y's fax number is 207.236.8458.
9 FUN-FILLED WEEKS!
- Week One: June 22-26 - Boothbay Railway Village
- Week Two: June 29-July 3 - Playland Adventure
- Week Three: July 6-10 - Belfast City Park
- Week Four: July 13-17 - Fort Knox
- Week Five: July 20-24 - Children's Museum (Rockland) & Flanagan Playground
- Week Six: July 27-31 - Belfast City Park
- Week Seven: August 3-7 - Boothbay Botanicals
- Week Eight: August 10-14 - Swan Lake State Park
- Week Nine: August 17-21 - Owl's Head Transportation Museum & Ash Point
DISCOVERY CAMP COST: $170/WEEK MEMBERS & $200/WEEK PARTICIPANTS
- Before & After Care is available for a flat rate of $30/week (for each) Please Note: Before & After Care must be paid in full upon registration
- Scholarships are available, please inquire at the Y’s Welcome Center
- Please visit our website or stop by for complete Summer Camp information
- Heath Commeau, Pen Bay YMCA Camp Director: 236.3375, ext. 204 or email@example.com