WHERE GREAT THINGS BEGIN!
*Campers must meet Fall 2019 kindergarten public school eligibility.
Discovery Camp is for Grades K - 1.
Discovery Camp is designed for first time campers! This all day camp is geared toward children who have completed or are eligible for Kindergarten. Your camper will be excited about new experiences while having the comfort of a consistent routine. Campers will participate in a variety of arts, crafts and games with weekly adventures to some favorite local spots. We will also participate in Wednesday field trips! Field trips subject to change due to weather and unforeseen circumstances.
WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT:
- Discovery Camp is a Monday - Friday, activity based day camp for children ages 4-6. For children to enroll, campers must meet Fall 2019 kindergarten public school eligibility and be born before 10/15/14 (Grades K-1).
- Home Base for Discovery Camp is at the Lincolnville Central School (LCS).
- Before and After Care are available for this camp at the Camden Snow Bowl for an additional fee.
- Discovery Camp kids are bused each morning at 8:45 AM from the Camden Snow Bowl to the Lincolnville Central School. Parents wishing to drop off their campers at LCS, may arrive by 9:15 AM. All campers must be checked in by YMCA Camp Staff.
- Campers may be picked up at LCS between 3:30 and 3:45 PM. Campers in need of After Care will be bused to the Camden Snow Bowl and arrive by 4:00 PM.
- Weekly activities include art, indoor/outdoor games, reading and visits to local beaches and parks.
- On Mondays, campers will spend half of the day at a local library and on Thursdays at a local beach or park.
- Tuesdays and Fridays will be spent at our LCS home base.
- Each Wednesday, we will take an exciting field trip to destinations all over the State of Maine!
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Please stop either Y location to register your child(ren) or print the Registration Form, Summer Camp Waivers and Camp Fee Policy Agreement below and mail to the Penobscot Bay YMCA, PO Box 840, Rockport, Maine 04856. Be sure to include your child's most recent immunization records as we will need all documents to complete the registration process. Most doctor's offices are willing to fax your child's records to the Y to save you an extra step. The Y's fax number is 207.236.8458.
9 FUN-FILLED WEEKS!
- Week One: June 24-28
- Week Two: July 1-5 (no camp on Wednesday, July 4th)
- Week Three: July 8-12
- Week Four: July 15-19
- Week Five: July 22-26
- Week Six: July 29-August 2
- Week Seven: August 5-9
- Week Eight: August 12-16
- Week Nine: August 19-23
WEDNESDAY FIELD TRIPS INCLUDE:
- Boothbay Railway Village
- The Pitch
- Playland Adventure
- Discovery Museum
- Desert of Maine
- Maine State Museum
- Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
DISCOVERY CAMP COST: $160/WEEK MEMBERS & $165/WEEK PARTICIPANTS
- Before & After Care available at $27/week (for each)
- Scholarships are available, please inquire at the Y's Welcome Center or print an application below
- For more information, contact Samantha Bragg, Sports & Camping Director at 207.236.3375 ext. 204 or email@example.com