SUMMER ADVENTURES START HERE!
*Campers entering 5th - 7th Grade this fall.
Our Adventure Day Camp is geared for Pre-Teens & Teens who love spending time with their friends and are looking for some adventure this summer! This camp is designed to give campers a new and exciting experience beyond our traditional camp programs. Every day, our campers will experience exploring the outdoors, hiking, boating, swimming, fishing, climbing and group challenges. These older youth will have all of fun of a summer camp in a more mature environment. Field trips subject to change due to weather and unforeseen circumstances, except Week 6, the Funtown trip.
WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT:
- Adventure Camp is a Monday - Friday, trip based, outdoor Day Camp for children in Grades 5-7.
- Home Base is located at the Camden Snow Bowl. Camp runs from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- Campers can be dropped off at the Snow Bowl between 9:00 - 9:15 AM. All campers must be checked in by YMCA Camp Staff.
- Bus transportation to the Camden Snow Bowl is available. Campers will be picked up each morning at the Teen Center by 8:45 AM.
- Campers may be picked up at the Snow Bowl between 3:00 and 3:15 PM.
- Campers in need of After Care can be bused to the Teen Center between 2:45 and 3:00 PM. Please visit the Location page for Teen Center hours. The Teen Center will be closed on Fridays throughout the summer, except the week of August 3rd, the Teen Center will be closed on Thursday.
- A Y bus is available to and from the Flanagan Community Center on a first-come, first-serve basis. The bus departs the FCC at 8 AM and returns to the FCC between 4-4:15 PM. Seating is limited and is free of charge. To reserve your child’s seat, please speak with Heath Commeau, 236.3375 ext. 204.
- Each week consists of outdoor exploration, team building, climbing, fishing, hiking, swimming and ecological education.
- Each Friday we will take a long field trip to exciting destinations all over the State of Maine!
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Please stop by either Y location to register your child(ren) or print the Registration Form, Summer Camp Waivers and Camp Fee Policy Agreement below and mail to the Penobscot Bay YMCA, PO Box 840, Rockport, Maine 04856. Be sure to include your child's most recent immunization records as we will need all documents to complete the registration process. Most doctor's offices are willing to fax your child's records to the Y to save you an extra step. The Y's fax number is 207.236.8458.
9 FUN-FILLED WEEKS!
- Week One: June 22-26 - Disc Golf - Appleton
- Week Two: June 29-July 3 - Breakwater Lighthouse
- Week Three: July 6-10 - Monkey C Monkey Do
- Week Four: July 13-17 - Seacoast Adventure
- Week Five: July 20-24 - Wild Acadia Fun Park
- Week Six: July 27-31 - Funtown
- Week Seven: August 3-7 - Sea Dogs Game
- Week Eight: August 10-14 - Aquaboggan
- Week Nine: August 17-21 - Popham Beach
ADVENTURE CAMP: $170/WEEK MEMBERS & $200 WEEK PARTICIPANTS
*Week 6 will be $180 Members / $210 Participants due to a higher field trip cost
- Before & After Care is available for a flat rate of $30/week (for each) Please Note: Before & After Care must be paid in full upon registration
- Scholarships are available, please inquire at the Y’s Welcome Center
- Please visit our website or stop by for complete Summer Camp information
- Heath Commeau, Pen Bay YMCA Camp Director: 236.3375, ext. 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org