SUMMER ADVENTURES START HERE!
Our Adventure Day Camp is geared for Pre-Teens & Teens who love spending time with their friends and are looking for some adventure this summer! This camp is designed to give campers a new and exciting experience beyond our traditional camp programs. Every day, our campers will experience exploring the outdoors, hiking, boating, swimming, fishing, climbing and group challenges. These older youth will have all of fun of a summer camp in a more mature environment.
Your child's health is our priority. The Y is taking every precaution we can to ensure our Summer Camps are safe.
What our Camps will look like:
- All field trips have been cancelled
- Drop offs: Parents will remain in their vehicle; health screening questions will be conducted on camper before the child is cleared to exit the vehicle and join camp.
- Campers will be divided into small groups of 10 or less, called pods.
- Pick-ups: Parents will remain in vehicle and a Director will radio your child’s pod for camper to be signed out.
- Campers will be with the same pod and counselors for the entire week including lunches.
- Staff will wear masks while in close proximity of a camper or pod. Campers are not be required to wear masks, but may at parents discretion.
- Masks will be required to be worn by campers and staff on the bus rides from Rockland to the Snow Bowl, and from the Snow Bowl to Lincolnville.
- Each pod will have extra sanitizing and cleaning products.
- Activities may differ from camp to camp and be location specific while keeping 6’ apart: swimming, hiking, canoeing, arts & crafts, movies, various pod field games
- Pods will rotate station to station throughout the day. Staff will sanitize all equipment and have campers washing hands before rotating to next station.
What the Y is doing:
- Requiring camper to wash hands before and after meals and snacks, along with additional times throughout the day.
- Sanitizing areas campers are in throughout the day.
- Disinfecting equipment and toys before and after use.
- Limiting person to person contact
What you can do:
- Talk with your child about washing hands, keeping hands away from mouth, nose and eyes and not sharing food and beverages.
- Please keep your child home if sick or with fever.
- Before returning to camp after an illness, please provide a doctor's note.
- Remind your child that the Y is safe and to have fun!
I'm interested in signing up for Summer Camp:
During this time, we ask members to please print the summer camp documents (Quick Links section below) and fill out completely before sending back to the YMCA. Forms can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 207.236.8458 or mailed to PO Box 840, Rockport, Maine 04856. Immunization records from your child's pediatrician's office are required for all camps, except Sports Camps. Simply call your child's pediatrician's office and have them fax directly to the Penobscot Bay YMCA. Once all information is received, one of our staff members will give you a call to confirm enrollment and take payment. Balances paid in full by EFT (checking account) will be given 5% off your total camp cost.
What Camp is all about:
- The Y is taking every precaution we can to ensure our Summer Camps are safe. Please refer to pages 8 & 9 to see what our Camps will now look like, what the Y is doing and what you can do to keep your child healthy.
- Adventure Camp is a Monday - Friday, trip based, outdoor Day Camp for children ages 11-13.
- Home Base is located at the Camden Snow Bowl. Camp runs from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Campers can be dropped off at the Snow Bowl between 9:00 - 9:15 AM. All campers must be checked in by YMCA Camp Staff.
- Campers may be picked up at the Snow Bowl between 4:00 and 4:15 PM.
- After Care is available for this camp at the Camden Snow Bowl for an additional fee and must be paid in full at the time of registration. After Care runs from 4:00 - 5:30 PM.
- A Y bus is available to and from the Flanagan Community Center on a first-come, first-serve basis. The bus departs the FCC at 8 AM and returns to the FCC between 4-4:15 PM. Seating is limited and is free of charge. Masks will be required to be worn by campers and staff. To reserve your child’s seat, please speak with Heath Commeau, 236.3375 ext. 204 or email email@example.com.
- Each week consists of outdoor exploration, team building, climbing, fishing, hiking, swimming and ecological education.
9 fun-filled weeks!
- Week One: June 22-26
- Week Two: June 29-July 3
- Week Three: July 6-10
- Week Four: July 13-17
- Week Five: July 20-24
- Week Six: July 27-31
- Week Seven: August 3-7
- Week Eight: August 10-14
- Week Nine: August 17-21
Adventure Camp: $170/week Members & $200/week Participants
- After Care is available for a flat rate of $30/week - Please Note: Before & After Care must be paid in full upon registration
- Scholarships are available, please inquire at the Y’s Welcome Center
- Please visit our website or stop by for complete Summer Camp information
- Heath Commeau, Pen Bay YMCA Camp Director: 236.3375, ext. 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org