Full-Time Infant Teacher - Rockport
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Early Learning
Penobscot Bay YMCA
116 Union Street
Po Box 840
Rockport, ME 04856
Do you enjoy caring for infants? Do you want to help children grow and reach developmental milestones? We are growing our infant care and are looking to hire two more infant care teachers for full-time year round positions at the YMCA Childcare Center in Rockport. This is a daytime, Monday through Friday schedule.
The best benefit of working at the Y is the ability to make a difference in a child's life. At the Y, we embrace membership for all and believe that every child deserves a great start in life and it is our privilege to care for our communities children.
- Supervise and monitor all classroom activity.
- Foster a healthy and safe classroom environment.
- Be aware of and adhere to all YMCA policies, DHHS licensing regulations, and NAEYC Accreditation Standards.
- Facilitate age appropriate, educational lessons on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the classrooms are arranged in a functional and orderly manner.
- Develop and maintain a healthy relationship with parents and children.
- Assist in the ongoing evaluation process needed to assess the developmental levels of children.
- Provide appropriate guidance to children in need of redirection and relate well to children of all abilities.
- Perform necessary duties to ensure children’s comfort and well being to include diaper changing and feeding.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position, to include kneeling and crawling and interacting with children on the floor and to safely supervise children’s activities.
Print > Employment Application
Send completed application to:
Director of Operations
Penobscot Bay YMCA
PO Box 840, Rockport, ME 04856
Fax: (207) 236-8956
No telephone calls please.
Excellent benefit package:
- Paid Time-Off/PTO (80 hours in first year, 120 hours after first anniversary)
- Paid Holidays - 8 per year
- Health Insurance & Health Reimbursement Account
- Life insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Generous Retirement program with 7% match from the Y after 2 years of service.
- Free annual family membership to both the Rockport and Rockland YMCA (valued at $864/year).
- Bachelor's or Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Previous experience working with infants
- Ability to follow NAEYC requirements
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications