YOU MAKE MORE POSSIBLE
Volunteers have been the Y's greatest strength for over 150 years. The YMCA movement was founded by a volunteer and did not have any paid staff until the founding of its 51st YMCA. Each year, Y's commitment to volunteers grows stronger. When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change right in your own neighborhood. Y volunteers help give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Find your volunteer opportunity!
Examples of volunteer opportunities include:
- Mentor or tutor a child
- Coordinate a group project
- Teach swimming lessons
- Read to a group of children
- Coach a Youth Sports team
- Serve as a front desk greeter
- Referee a Youth Sports game
- Serve as an Annual Fund campaigner
- Assist with the maintenance or landscaping
- Serve as a special event committee member
- Assist with an activity during a Family Night Celebration
- Assist with one of our many birthday parties for our youngsters
- Get started by filling out the Penobscot Bay YMCA Volunteer Application Form
- Print out Volunteer Application Form
- Complete, sign and date application
- Mail with position name to: Human Resource Department | Penobscot Bay YMCA | P.O. Box 840 | Rockport, Maine 04856
Thank you for interest in volunteering with the Penobscot Bay YMCA.